Economic Development and Outreach
Fostering Sustainable Growth in Georgia
The Enterprise Innovation Institute (EI2) is Georgia Tech’s chief business outreach and economic development organization. Our core mission is to help businesses, industry, entrepreneurs, and communities across Georgia grow and remain competitive.
This mission is accomplished through comprehensive support in commercialization, entrepreneurship, and business services. It’s also done by leveraging the broad resources of Georgia Tech. Key programs of EI2 include VentureLab, the Advanced Technology Development Center, and the Georgia Manufacturing Extension Partnership.
Economic Impact in FY 2015:
- 30 new startups formed from GT research and innovations, attracting nearly $33 million in investment
- 500 technology startups assisted in ATDC, creating capital activity of $200 million
- $227 million in new contracts for minority entrepreneurs
- $280 million in new sales for assisted manufacturers
- $2.7 million in Small Business Innovation Research awards
- 23,200 jobs created or saved across the state
EI2 manages a network of 10 Georgia Tech Regional Offices around the state to facilitate delivery of economic development services and to provide a local connection to Georgia Tech. To learn more about EI2 or to take advantage of these outreach opportunities please visit: